Sidelights on the Organization
The History of the General Organization for Government Printing Offices dates back to more than 195 years. Boulaq Printing Press was established in 1820 A.D. and was officially inaugurated in 1821 A.D. and was officially inaugurated in 1821 A.D. in the era of El-Wali / Mohamed Ali Basha. It produced military books & publications for the Army. Later, It developed whereas it printed literary, scientific & scholastic books. After the july revolution in 1952, a republican decree No. 312 for 1956 was issued to establish the General Organization for Government Printing Offices to be affiliated to the Ministry of Industry.
We seek to achieve goals like We Want to Reach
- Raising the competitive ability of the Organization’s products .
- Offering an excellent service and carrying out the clients’desires in getting a high quality product in the due time. (client satisfaction).
- Exaltation of the national product used in the printing industry of the Organization’s Products.
• Managing comprehensive advertising campaignes.
• Utilizing modern technology & world standards in producing notebooks It printed military books & publications for the Army.
• The leadership and precedence in the invention and creativity in the field of publications designing,with regards to the organization’s deeply rooted history.
In The History Of Al Amiria Printing House:
He is the inventor of Printing in the world.
ELWali (the governor) Mohamed Ali Basha :
He is the founder of Govt.
Press at Boulaq 1820 A.D.
and El Wakaea El Massreya
Newspaper 1828 A.D.
The products of the Organization
• The Holy Q’uran and Religious heritage books.
• The Official Newspaper (El-Gareeda El-Rasmia) and the .
• Egyptian Official Newspaper (El-Wakaea El-Massria).
• Governmental Publications.
What is modern in G.O.G.P.O?
It begins from the stage of designing and the input of data till the out put of films or printing plate .
It also contains electronic imposition and color separation and all stages are operated electronically.
It is also supplied with a digital system of color management.
Basic Organization Data & Its Performance:
Organization Capital : L.E. 11 million
Annual Production Value : L.E. 381 million
Achieved Surplus : L.E. 94.3 million.